Random Facts About Damn!
- I smell my floss after flossing each tooth. I don’t know why I do this, I’ve tried to stop, but it appears to be some pre-programmed arm movement. And I’m gonna be honest with you, it doesn’t always smell good.
- I’ve never knowingly farted in front of another person… EVER. Keep in mind that I’m 42 years old, was married for 12 years and have had a child. Pret-ty impressive.
- I LOVE undercooked pancakes. Like reeeeaaaallllyyyy undercooked. I’ve been known to take a pancake and dip it into the batter.
- I’ve got the kind of road rage that could propel me to shoot people. Actually shoot people.
- I can’t eat popsicles or watch anyone else eat them because the stick in the middle makes me all bajigity. And when other people are finishing their popsicles and put the stick in their mouth to lick it clean…seriously, you should see the look on my face as I type this. I guess it’s the equivalent of others hearing fingernails on the chalkboard – which, by the way, doesn’t bother me at all.
- I can recite the quadratic formula. This was my go-to party trick when I wanted to impress a guy. Probably explains more than I’d care to look into…
- My ex-husband and I are the closest of friends. This works for us and for our son.
- When I was 40 I went on a cruise with a bunch of my friends and a very hot 25 year old hit on me… we continued to see each other for about 3 months after that cruise. HIGHLY recommend this for any of my single friends…HIGHLY recommend.
- I’ve never understood the fascination with Starbucks. I have been there twice in my life and that’s only because I was in the car with friends who were going there.
- I’ve never broken a bone in my body. Not even a finger or a toe.
- My life is exactly like the tv show, “The New Adventures of the Old Christine.” Not even kidding.
My Questions from Marissa
- Can you name three blogs that you read regularly? I have four blogs that I read every time they post – Confessions of a Failing Domestic Goddess, The Girl Next Door Drinks and Swears, Four Eyed Momster and Bad Word Mama - you should read them, too!
- Are you brand-loyal to any product? Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and Burt’s Bees lip balm (I think I have 12 in my purse at any given time)
- Do you think of yourself as a leader or a follower? I don’t know, what do you guys think? Follower – all. the. way. Being a leader gives me anxiety. Unless we’re talking about my household. I’m General of that bitch.
- Given the chance, what would you go back and change in your past? I would’ve told a certain boyfriend to kiss my ass after our first fight and not wasted 4 years of my life in nowhereville.
- If you had one last meal, what would it be? Sancho Enchilada Style, sweet sauce and chips from Mexican Villa in Springfield, MO; New China’s Crab Rangoon in Lewisville, TX; and the Asahi Tower from Asahi in Flower Mound, TX. I’d die a very happy girl.
- Are you a side sleeper, back sleeper or tummy sleeper? Tummy, but with my right leg pulled up to my side and a pillow under my right arm.
- What was the reason for the last time you cried? Let's see...I think it was when the waffles popped out of the toaster. People, I cry at everything. But the last thing that truly made me break down was a conversation with my mom.
- Favorite Movie – Whoa! Tough one – I like different movies for different reasons. But if I had to choose the one I can watch over and over again, it would be The Hangover – I own 2 copies in case one gets broken.
- If the summary of your life had a theme song, what would it be? Who are you When I’m Not Looking by Blake Shelton. I appear to have it all together on the surface, but when no one’s looking, I’m a hot mess who eats undercooked pancakes.
- What are you wearing right now? I’m wearing a holey t-shirt and jammie pants with little yellow ducks on them. And I'm wearing them well.
- Favorite TV series? Ooo….it’s a tie between Homeland, News Desk and Shameless (all Showtime series – all fantastic!) If you’re looking for network shows, then Parenthood or Southland.
Now for my nominees! I’m only nominating 5, because 11 is hard work. You’re cool with this, yes? (click on them, go read - you won't be sorry!)
Happy Mommy of 4 Babies
Raising Wild Things
Happy Mommy of 4 Babies
Raising Wild Things
Questions for my nominees
- When was the last time you were truly embarrassed? I want the story.
- Have you ever had a Brazilian wax?
- Let’s say you’re passive aggressive, like I am. Pretend I’m the person you’d love to tell off, but never would to his/her face. Let me have it.
- Have you ever looked through someone’s phone without them knowing?
- Toilet paper – over or under?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Name 3 blogs that you regularly read.
- The stupidest thing you did to impress a guy.
- If you were a superhero, what would your super power be?
- What would your superhero name be?
- Manscaping – Preferred? Or not so much?
Marissa, thank you so much for this award! And thank you for being a great support!